- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
13. Since leave that qualifies as both FMLA and OFLA runs concurrently, does OFLA ever allow me to take more time off than FMLA does or to take time off for reasons that do not qualify under FMLA?
Subject:Family Medical Leave
Yes. In some cases, OFLA is more generous than FMLA and allows you to take more than the 12 weeks available under FMLA or allows you to take time off before you qualify for FMLA. Time off that qualifies only under OFLA, is designated only as OFLA leave. Time off that qualifies under both FMLA and OFLA leave is counted against the 12 weeks available under both laws. Remember, employer paid health insurance is not available if you are on leave without pay that qualifies only as OFLA, not FMLA.